Thursday 18 January 2018

Skincare Update for New York City Weather!

You all probably know how OCD I am when it comes to my Skincare, well OCD basically means how much I care for my skin when it comes to routine, but anyway, when I found out the weather conditions in New York for the first week of January, the first thing that crossed my mind was ' I need moisture products ASAP for this holiday'
And let me tell you, the December Powder Box was in my draw at the perfect time.

I needed any and every product that contained a high percentage of Hyaluronic Acid - this is an ingredient that absorbs as much moisture into the skill cells as possible to keep your skin hydrated at all times.
I also needed major moisture masks that I could pamper myself in every evening before I went to sleep.
Drastic? It all worked, through sleet and ice cold winds, my skin stayed in great condition, did not dry out at all and stopped my skin from breaking within the dermis - ice cold weather can actually split the skin that can look like little red veins and red blotches under the skin, and I was determined not to get this.

Let me cover over the products that I took with me, and used every day!
Oh, and how my mums skin kept so hydrated was thanks to me and these products, what would she do without a skincare fanatic in the family.

Cleanser
Body Shop - Drops of Light Foaming Cleanser 
My regular face wash - I love this because it evens out and brightens the skin tone. It foams up amazing, and feels like a thorough wash.

Facial Oil 
Cougar - Enzyme Rich Protein Facial Oil with Hyaluronic Acid
The smell of apples and pears kept me going with this beauty of a product!
This was actually one of my favourite products and one that kept my skin at its best condition over the 5 days in the sleet ice cold conditions.

Serum 
Skin Chemist - Aqua Repair Facial Serum
Another great product, this serum is thicker than your regular liquid based serum, and is more of a gel like texture keeping your skin much more cushioned with an absorbing layer which protected the skin over the facial oil.

Moisturiser 
Nails Inc - Soothing Hydro Night Mask 
Yes I wore a face mask EVERYDAY over my other skincare products.
This didnt leave a thick layer on my skin at all, of course it felt thicker than a normal moisturiser, but trust me your needed it!
My face, most of the time was irritated from an itchy woolly hat and a scarf as tight to my face as possible so that i could still breath. Haha!
But without this thick layer of moisture i feel like my skin would have felt drier and would maybe have needed an extra face mask at night to put my moisture back in.

Night Cream 
M&S Absolute - Ultimate Sleep Cream 
This night cream is stated to give you a look like you have had 8 hours, even when you don't!
That sounded perfect, even though i got about 8 hours whilst i was over their every night, your skin sure did need that extra magic cream to work throughout the night.
This cream actually feels thicker to apply than the Night Mask I wore every day as my moisturiser.
But it amazingly brightens and perks your skin up no matter the lifestyle issue.

Eye Cream
Body Shop - Vitamin E Eye Cream
The one thing im worst at is remembering my eye cream at least every night! And im the biggest worrier about getting crows feet the older i get! So i knew this pure Vitamin E eye cream would be just what I needed around the eye area.
Vitamin E is obviously aimed at moisture when it comes to adding this to the skin.
My eyes were actually the most exposed area on my body for the whole of my New York experience which actually makes my eyes the most important area, and it did the trick, i was using an eye cream, day and night!

The only area that was so dry and chapped, no matter how much product i applied was my lips!
This is actually a normal time of year that this happens to my lips so this didnt surpirise me at all.
Yet my lip moisturiser is so thick and gel like you would think it would repair them quickly but it just wasn't happening, with me eating and drinking hot drinks very often, my product couldn't keep up.

So, i've got to thank my Powder Box for 3 of these daily products!
They came at the perfect time and saved me doing a ton of skincare shopping prior to my trip.
It also made my review testing fantastic for you all!
Click the link to read more in-depth about the products and others from my December box.

I have continued to keep the oil in my skincare routine still, just so the process was carried on to keep my skin hydrated and smooth.
And also added some new products that I have recently added to my trial and testing reviews.

I hope and cold or hot climate holidays you are off to, you are caring for your skin as much as possible.
Next month I will be experiencing the HOTTEST of climates for this time or year, so I will be sure updating you with the opposite temperate product usages.

Love Sophie xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig