Thursday 11 January 2018

Powder Box - December 2017

It was the final box of 2017 with christmas in full swing, It was hard to try sooo many new products and I also was doing the M&S Beauty Advent Countdown.
I made sure my days were dedicated to each window then used my beauty box in between.
Although since christmas I have been trying out the skincare bits in this box morning and night, so i get to feel and see a proper review of these products

Firstly I just want to say i hope you had an amazing new year, and your as excited as me for 2018!
I have lots of traveling booked :D
Also ive just got the new iPhone 8 and my images are crazy clear!

In my December Beauty box I trialed these great products;

1 - 3INA Nail Polish - Glitter Top Coat
My nail collection has never been so big since receiving these boxes!
And another glitter for christmas is of course what we expect.
This is a quite sheer glitter polish which is for sure more of a top coat than in intense glitter look.
I wasn't a fan of the under colour with its yellow, green shade.

2 - Brush Works - HD Miracle Silicone Tear Drop Sponge
Ive really wanted to try one of these for ages! I don't know what took me so long.
It was a lot better than I expected, so easy to use, it blended into my skin lovely using my YSL Touche Eclat Foundation but the finish didnt seem as full as my usual look which i use either stippling brushes or my fingers, so it does take a little longer to build up.
But honestly great for an everyday look.
It also washed off so easily, just using warm water after i used.

3 - Skin Chemist 24 Hour Aqua Repair Facial Serum 
For saying I have left the skincare products until my Christmas Advent Calendar finished, I really missed out! This serum is so nourishing I love it! It is not an average serum which usually feels more liquidised and light weight when applying, but this serum is more like a whipped texture. Its basically a serum and moisturiser in one. Perfect for this time of year when the freezing cold weather dries our skin out.
This product really does soothe, firm and hydrate the skin so well, i would definitely purchase this in future. My skin is looking so healthy, even after the christmas binges!
They actually sent out the full size of this product which is worth £64!!!

4 - Cougar - Enzyme Rich Protein Facial Oil
Another product that I have loved this month! Again, i waited to use these skincare products after the advent so that I could see and feel how these products were properly.
I love facial oils anyway, and was intrigued when I read about this one.
I have been using this before the serum, so that the oils dissolves into my cleansed skin more deeply then securing the products with the Skin Chemist.
First thing I have fell in love with was the smell!! Oh my gosh it smells just like warm apple and pears. Honestly its amazing.
But the oil on the other hand dissolves great into the skin, without leaving a greasy finish.
What this 'Enzyme Rich Protein Oil' is meant to do is help with anti-ageing, brightens and tones whilst the enzyme ingredients work to remove dead skin cells and impurities to reveal polish and soft skin.
Also this oil is boosted with Hyaluronic Acid which is know for keeping the moisture pressed into the skin and keeping it contained which helps prevent our skin ageing and loosing the elasticity!
I am buying this again!!!

5 - Smashbox - Be Legendary Liquid Lip in Crimson Chrome
It was great to see another Smash box lip product in the box again since my first box. This time the lip product is one of the metallic ranges, which i was going to buy, but I tried out the NYX one first (you may have seen my facebook video on this)
This colour really is a bold statement red. But it did look fantastic.
The finish of this liquid lip did look really metallic but it was quite a sticky one, after a few hours as it wore off, it did stick to my lip line most which made it look a little uneven as the metallic sheen wore off the centre, but overall its a good one if you keep on top of your application.
On the plus side the pigment was AMAZING, you only need a small layer.


6 - GLAMGLOW - Supermud Clearing Mask 
I have had this mask in the past when it first got released and I fell in love. It does exactly as it says on the box - deeply cleanses, purifies and visibly pulls out the excess oil in your skin - great for oily and spot prone skin. You can also use this as a spot treatment which helps dry up and clear out the skin within the blemish BUT as you all should know The Body Shops Himilayan Mud Mask is exactly the same, for a fraction of the price, so I shall be sticking with my trusty favourite for now.

7 - Chloe Eau De Parfum
Well, this fragrance has been in my beauty draw for YEARSSS, we all have that favourite fragrance that we purchase over and over, well this is one of mine. I remember getting my first bottle in my school days. Its warm, oriental but floral scent ticks all my perfume boxes and I will forever buy this perfume, its such a sophisticated smell and suits any occasion.

8 - Model Launcher - Safari Bronzer
In my opinion this packaging looked quite cheap, maybe it is a affordable brand but the bronzer actually is a really nice colour.
Its actually came at the perfect time for me to trial this as over the Christmas period i have been a fake tan lover but I do avoid my face when it comes to tanning, as the ingredients just doesn't agree with my face and causes a break out usually. So i have been using this bronzer on my bare skin when i'm off to the gym and it does look sun kissed and natural.
Also the Leopard pressed powder look is pretty cute!



Overall i am really impressed with this box and shall be trialling out Januarys box asap.
And that the end of 2017!!
I have lots of exciting things happening in 2018 but starting off with a trip to NEW YORK.
I will actually be there as you read this ;)
Im back on the 10th and straight back into work with wedding trials and makeup lessons.
So if you have any enquiries or bookings you would like to secure for 2018 please drop me a message at
makeupbysophiedowning@yahoo.co.uk

THEN on the 28th January myself and Grace have our HAIR AND MAKEUP MASTERCLASS.
A perfect time to join us in revitalising your 2018 look with our tips and tricks showcasing a full step by step look within the afternoon.
Theres prizes to be won and goodie bags to take home
See the event here - https://www.facebook.com/events/170747603660632/

As for 2018 I have lots of other things in the pipeline which i shall be revealing throughout the month and lots of interesting blog posts for you!

See you soon
Sophie xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SDiaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig